IN SEARCH

IN SEARCH
SPRITUAL

Sunday, December 3, 2017

Attachment

Love + Selfishness = Attachment
Attachment - Selfishness = Love
These equations are simple and help us understand that how love should be. If I say " I love something or someone" then I need to love the concept of that thing or the person. If I love a computer, I must be in a position to love it even if it is not working, if I love my computer as it does my work, then it is the attachment. Similarly, when people love each other and then they say that suddenly stop loving because the other person behaves in a particular manner, then how was it love in the first place, it was simply attachment. If I love a person and he/she intentionally does something to hurt me, should I stop loving him/her?
No, because love is an abstract concept. Only if one truely loves someone or something he/she will understand. Love has a major side effect, it takes away the ego! True love for a person, thing, nation, the deity would make one free from ego, it is indeed beautiful. Attachment is a human concept, but love is beyond the realms of the physical human nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment