IN SEARCH

IN SEARCH
SPRITUAL

Friday, January 11, 2013

I choose to live by choice

I choose to live by choice, not by chance. Too many people live their lives by chance. They are afraid to make choices in their lives because they don’t want to make the wrong one, so rather than research their options, they let chance make the decision for them. Some live by chance because they don’t want to be responsible for the outcome; they would rather blame something or someone for what is happening in their live. Yet other’s live by chance because their confidence is low because they believed all the people in their lives that told them they were dumb; they were programmed to fail, so why bother.

I choose to make changes, not excuses. It’s easy to make excuses for your life. It is far easier to tell people why things are not happening, not working, not getting better, then to make the necessary changes. Making changes sometimes means leaving your comfort zone. It will at times take you into the unknown. Most fear the unknown, so they stay in places or with people that are predictable. It’s sometimes easier to know you will be hurt; then to leave and go out on your own where you are not sure you will be safe. The current pain is livable; you know that, because you have been living it for a long time.

I choose to be motivated, not manipulated. Yes, it is easier to allow someone to lead you around in life. To tell you what to do, to say and be; At times the path of least resistance is the one where someone else forges the way through and all you have to do is follow. How many people have followed their great leaders into death because they allowed themselves to be manipulated in to believing the leaders truth. They never took the time, energy or even interest in learning their own truth. People who walk in their own truth are motivated by it. Those who do not are manipulated by the truth of others.

I choose to be useful, not used. How many people do you know who don’t have boundaries; who don’t know how to say no when they don’t really want to help their friend move; who do everything they can for other’s in order to be liked or loved? Those things although useful, also leave you feeling used in live. Living a life of being used does not give energy to yourself or any other part of life. It robs you of your peace and happiness, while at the same time enables others on their path of destruction. Many times it robs others of lessons they need to learn on their own. So, the next time you really don’t want to be used, you may want to say, “Thank you for the opportunity, but I think I will pass.”

I choose to excel, not compete. Competition is the one thing in live that will stop you in your tracks every time. When you are competing with others your focus is taken away from your own growth. I tell my students all the time, everyone grows and learns, not only in different ways, but at different speeds. You can not compare yourself with the other students in the class. Life is our classroom, therefore it is important that we take the ability of excel into our lives. We can only do that when we stop competing. Competing says I am more concerned with your failure, than I am with my success. There is something seriously wrong with that picture.

I choose self-esteem, not self pity. We have all had our share of pity parties. I know I had one myself just last month when I broke four bones in my foot because of something stupid, but I choose not to stay in that party to long. I am self aware enough to know that self pity is a very destructive thing. It will remind you of all the mistakes, the missed opportunities, the pain of all of the past and the fear of the future of you allow yourself to stay there to long. It will rob you of your self-esteem and leave you in a heap on the floor. Self-esteem comes from liking yourself, loving yourself and being your own best friend. Self-esteem shows one their pride in their accomplishments in life and it lifts you up right out of that pity party. It says to you, “come on now, what are you doing down there. Don’t you know there is a lot to get done and people who depend on you. Get up and get going; life is short and you’re missing out; that is what you call a party….”

I choose to listen to my inner voice, not the random opinions of others. Truth your gut; you know what is best for you more than anyone else on this planet. Actually off of this planet as well, for those of you who communicate with spirit. Others can only give you their point of view which they created through research on the subject or maybe their own personal experiences. It is important to remember no two people will ever have the exact same experience, because they are both bringing different back grounds to the table. No two marriages are the same, no two divorces are the same, no two ways of raising children are the same; and no two spiritual paths are the same. That is why we must explore many paths to find the one that resonates with us; the inner us; our soul. You must follow your own truth, for that is the only way you can live your authentic life.

I choose to live by choice, not by chance;

I choose to make changes, not excuses;

I choose to be motivated, not manipulated;

I choose to be useful, not used;

I choose to excel, not compete;

I choose self-esteem, not self pity;

I choose to listen to my inner voice, not the random opinions of others…….

I choose……

No comments:

Post a Comment